CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 21, 2010

$7 Crayon Wreath

Well we have had our craft on at the Hale house today so I will be posting all kinds of goodies over the next few days. So a few weeks back I saw this adorable idea for a wreath and thought that it would make a great gift idea for my sons preschool teacher. So I took myself down to HobLob and got my supplies.

I found this cute little apple over in the wood cutouts and I just took my Sharpie and wrote the preschool name on it.


Then I found some embroidery hoops and I only used the inside small hoop and the inside large hoop so I still have the outside hoops to use on another project.

 My advice is to paint your hoops before you start your project. I did not do this and I am having to go back with my sharpie and black out all the areas you can see. I only used about 50 crayons so you do not need to buy this box of crayons but I wasn't sure how many I would need and you can never have to many crayons at our house. I had this blue ribbon leftover from making hair bows.

 Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the process, I got into it and kept on going. I glues my ribbon on first and then my apple on top of that. Next I started gluing my crayons, it took me 50 thousand several attempts and a few crayons had to sacrifice their lives for me to figure out the correct spacing but once I got flowing it went pretty fast. All in all I only spent about 7 dollars for the whole thing.
I am linking it up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment