CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Living Room Makeover

Hello there! I know I haven't blogged in a while but we have been doing some renovations to the house and well I had baby #3 so I have been a little busy.

When we first bought our house this room was a big ole stinkin mess! I wish I had the pictures to show you, picture linoleum floors and awful dark paneling oh and the fact that there was once a kitchen in this room!

We ripped out the kitchen laid new floors and painted all the walls white.
(Yes that's big brother haha)



 It sat like that for a while and I got the bright idea that if I painted the walls YELLOW that it would tone down my red furniture, yeah right!

This is what it looked like after that. I loved my picture wall.

These next 2 pics came from Christmas morning but they were the only shots I could find of these 2 parts of the room, you can see we have this weird corner between the kitchen doorway and the hallway doorway.
 

Ahh Young and the Restless :)
Now after 4 years of all of this I couldn't stand it any longer. So my wonderful twin sis over at Semper Fi Life and my kids Nana came over to help me out with this huge project, seein as how I was 8 months pregnant and all. I needed all the help I could get!

Some paint, new furniture, blood, sweat, tears(children's tears b/c we wouldn't let them in the room), and a frazzled pregnant woman later and here she is in all her splendor!
  
Yes that's my Christmas tree under there ;)


Sis keeps making her way into my shots hehe :) I moved the Hubs recliner over to the weird corner, I'm still trying to figure out if I like that or not. Also I think it needs more color but for now I am thrilled with it!

I'm linking up here Between Naps On The Porch


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Its FAB!!! Come on 'ova and share this at my Linky Par-Tay!

    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very nice and modern. Love your shelves behind the big chair, and the beige paint definitely toned things down a bit.

    Great job! Don't you just love feathering your nest. and Congratulations on your new baby.
    Was it a girl or a boy?? Just saw a pic and think baby #3 is a girl!! lol

    Hope you are fully recovered and feeling great!
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete